Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tag. I'm it!

Of course, I have to post on a "chain-blog" and not on something serious. Thanks, Tim. Schmuck.

1. One book that changed your life: Though not technically a book, it was reading the Westminster Confession of Faith my Senior year of high school which turned me into the 5 pointer I am today!

2. One book that you've read more than once: Biblical Hebrew Syntax. If anyone says I need to get a girlfriend, I read it before I met my wife.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Bible - HCSB

4. One book that made you laugh: Kaiser's Toward an Exegetical Theology. Read his intro, and you will see why. Also, so people do not pigeon-hole me as too much of a nerd, The Rule of Four.

5. One book that made you cry: Anything by von Rad.

6. One book you wish had been written: How to Interpret the Old Testament by Paul with the rest of the Apostles.

7. One book you wish had never been written: Contributions to Old Testament Introduction by De Wette - basically, the OT had little or no historical value.

8. One book you're currently reading: Ancient Texts for the Study of the Hebrew Bible by Sparks.

9. One book you've been meaning to read: Egypt, Canaan, and Israel in Ancient Times

10. Tag 5 others: Conley, my Wife, . . . .

1 comment:

T. Baylor said...

Russell,

You got the letters Wrong on the one book you would like to have on a desert island -- Bible - HSBC manual.